About delivery & hospitalization
On this page, we will introduce the characteristics of childbirth at this clinic, what is required at the time of admission, hospitalization and discharge procedures, costs, etc.
About delivery in Oshio Women’s Clinic.
Our painless delivery service is provided by Japan Society of Anesthesiologists (JSA).
Over 40% expectant mothers choosing painless delivery.
Anesthesiologists (JSA)(alliance of JSA )and Dr. OSHIO are available every day of the year. (24/7 painless delivery service)
Anesthesiologists (JAS)(alliance of JSA)
Free style delivery
You can chose your own posture during delivery (supine position , lateral position , hands and knees position, etc.)
Additional charges will be incurred.
LDR’s means Labor, Delivery , Recovery in the same room. That will be more relax and easy to control. And visitors can stay at the patient’s bedside during the delivery.
Cardiotocography (CTG) will be control by our Centralized Management System (CMS) from outpatient station and nurses center.
If you have any requests of your birth plan, for example what style of the delivery, how to feeding your newborn, etc. Please let us know when you are 30-32 weeks pregnant.
Midwife will give you an appropriate suggestion and help you to make the best decision. Even you haven’t got any idea, we will provide our professional birth plan to you.
2 Advice midwifes are currently enrolled in our clinic.
Advice midwife is the professional of childbirth and newborn. We support prenatal and postpartum care for every pregnancy women.
About a meal
We concern about your breastfeeding and nutritional balance while preparing for the breakfast, lunch ,tea and dinner.
We update our menu pictures everyday on instagram.Please check it out.
If you choose to give birth at Oshio woman’s clinic,please make an appointment before 12 weeks pregnant. You’ll need to fill in the application form and deposit must be prepaid.The uninsured must be prepaid the full payment when you make an appointment.
If you go back to your hometown and you can’t visit the clinic before 12 weeks pregnant please feel free to contact us. The uninsured must be prepaid the full payment when you make an appointment. “The Direct Payment System for the Childbirth Lump-Sum Allowance” is unavailable.
What to prepare for hospitalization
Please prepare the following items before admission:
- Nursing Maternity Bras (or Non Wired Bras) 2 or 3 pieces
- Pajamas 1 or 2 sets
- Puerperant Panties 1 or 2 pairs
- Maternal and child health handbook
- Swaddle (for leaving the clinic )
- Application form of “The Direct Payment System for the Childbirth Lump-Sum Allowance” (if it is necessary)
- Any agreement
Please respect others , use headphones when you stay in a large room.
We provide the following items
- mini handkerchief
- Delivery gown 1 piece
- Pajamas 2 sets
- Napkins SoMoL
- Maternity pads
- Puerperant Panties 2 pairs
- Disposable pelvic support belt
- Umbilical cord care set
- Umbilical cord box
- Breast pad
- Gauze handkerchief 2 pieces
- Milk powder
- Disposable Diapers
- Baby wipes
- Tissue paper 1 box
- Baby clothes (for leaving the clinic)
- Bath towel and face towel will be changed everyday.
- Shampoo, conditioner and body wash are provided in the bathroom.
- Hair dryer is provided.
- If you have long hair please prepare your hair ties.
- Please remove your makeup and nail polish before admission clinic.
Please take off your accessories (rings,earrings,necklaces etc.) before admission clinic.
About the hospitalized.
You can use the shower in the Beauty room.(except room 301,308,310,311)
The telephone in your room provided is for internal use only. If you need to make an outside call, please use your own mobile phone.
This is a no smoking clinic.
You can eating meals with your family members.(Reservation required oadditional charges )
cash and valuables
Keep an eye on your own valuables and cash. We take no responsibility for any loss.
In case of a fire or an earthquake, please Follow the introductions of the staff members.
Drink vending machine is on 1st floor near by the stair.
No any laundromat.
- Weekdays 14:00-20:00 Weekend and holiday 11:00-20:00
- Single room user can meeting in the room.Large room user can meeting at lounge.Children are not allowed to join the meeting except brother and sister of the baby.
- We do not accept visits for people with symptoms such as fever, cough, vomiting, diarrhea, and rash, or those with infectious diseases.
- Please refrain from long-time or large-group visits, as the patient may not be able to take sufficient rest and may cause inconvenience to other patients.
- To enhance security, please fill in the visitor list in front of the elevator on the 1st floor. Thank you for your cooperation.
- We do not answer inquiries about inpatients (who are hospitalized, room number, etc.) in order to protect personal information.
- If you plan to visit, please let the patient know your room number in advance.
- Shoes strictly prohibited. Please change to slippers. You also can bring your own socks and slippers.
About the cost of delivery
The delivery cost is about 540,000 yen (tax included) for normal delivery (5 nights and 6 days). However, this amount may be exceeded depending on the patient’s situation, and this cost is just a guide. If you use a private room, a difference charge will be added.
After giving birth
After delivery, each person will be given a tablet. Please see the video about bathing.
Out staff will accompany you on lessons such as changing clothes for newborns, bathing methods, and care methods after taking a bath.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Breastfeeding outpatient clinics are held every Thursday morning (appointment only).
Please make an appointment advance (telephone is possible).
In case of an emergency, we will accept consultations other than Thursday.
Postpartum baby weight check follow
We provide free weight follow-up for babies until the one-month medical examination.